Press Briefing by African Commission on Nuclear Energy (FCONE) Chairperson, Ambassador Abdul Samad Minty
Posted by African Press International on May 30, 2014
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia, May 29, 2014/African Press Organization (APO)/– The Third Conference of States Parties to the African Nuclear-Weapon-Free Zone Treaty, also known as the Treaty of Pelindaba, will conclude tomorrow, 30 May 2014.
Journalists are invited to attend a press briefing, tomorrow, 30 May 2014, at 12h00, to be addressed by Ambassador Abdul Samad Minty, Chairperson of the African Commission on Nuclear Energy (FCONE), in the Plenary Hall of the Old Conference Center.
During his briefing, Ambassador Minty will address the following issues:
– Overview of the Treaty of Pelindaba;-
– the activities of the African Commission on Nuclear Energy (AFCONE)
– the status of the operationalization of the AFCONE Secretariat
– Global & regional disarmament & non-proliferation issues
– the outcome of the meeting
See link below to the press release issued today on the opening:
African Union Commission (AUC)